E-commerce SEO 2019 : Get Traffic to Your Online Store [Top 9 E-commerce SEO checklist]
February 9, 2019 by Satish Singh
The Ultimate Way to “E-commerce SEO”: How to GET Page 1 Ranking + Zero Paid Traffic
In the recent few years, Ecommerce is getting more and more attention from entrepreneurs and consumers, across the globe. Ecommerce proved its importance based on the fact where time is the essence. Time plays an important role in both business and consumers. With just a few clicks in minutes, a transaction or an order can be placed and completed via the internet with ease. As per the current retail trends, 51% of Americans prefer online shopping and eCommerce is growing 23% year-over-year.
it is very important to keep your online store fully equipped with all the technology to attract maximum traffic.
We all know that SEO is not a cost but an investment with high returns.As we cannot argue about the importance of a good SEO strategy for an E-commerce store.
By utilizing E-commerce SEO services you get to observe certain keywords attracting great conversion rates, working on that data you can actually lift your rank to top 3 spots on the first page, where most clicks are going. This exercise can actually bring you massive returns on your modest investment into SEO. There are several SEO tools available these days which can help E-Store Owners such as UberSuggest and Mozbar. Also, it is important to understand that before you may plan to opt for any paid search campaigns, display advertising or social media ads, it’s essential that you get your homepage and site structure appropriate as per your customers.
You can drive all the traffic to your website, but if you don’t optimize your E-commerce website design for conversion and moreover you won’t get a return on that investment as well.
You can take an easy test yourself to know that there is a requirement to optimize your E-commerce website. To do so open your web site’s homepage and ask yourself two questions that if you were a customer then :
1. Within 5 seconds do you know what are you selling?
2. The website looks authentic enough that a customer will trust his credit/debit card to you?
If any of the answers is no then this is the time when you should optimize your e-commerce website well while doing so you need to keep certain points in mind:
• A clean design of the website should be used which clearly focuses on the product without confusing your customer. A lot of recent survey shows that displaying product pictures on homepage attracts customers to make purchases and improve sales by 70.8%.
• Let your customers reach you easily by providing contact details
• Prices and the shipping should be clearly displayed; it helps the customer take decisions faster and go ahead with shopping.
• Credibility is also something a customer is concerned about. So it is a good idea to associate your online store with some of the trusted brands so that some of their trust rubs on to yours as well.
• Testimonials and reviews are as important as anything else on your Homepage; my study on https://www.getelastic.com/customer-expectations says that displaying your customer’s testimonials improves sales by 40.9%. As it helps in giving your customers more confidence about the quality of the product.
• Social media links when provided has also shown a sales boost of 22.7%. So it is very well worth to provide links to facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Optimizing your website will help to turn visitors into customers, however, to bring customer you need to know that Despite hundreds of signals and evolving algorithms, SEO still comes down to one major consideration: keywords. This is the single biggest thing to keep in mind when it comes to on-page SEO. As search engine optimization is like a low hanging fruit for any and every e-commerce website. SEO has proven to be the highest ROI, even then most online stores rely on social media or on paid posts. They are good but no one realizes that they need constant effort and money investment as well. Whereas SEO, only requires upfront effort and once you rank your website your sales practically go on autopilot mode with no recurring expenses at all.
One of the main goals of any e-Commerce website is to get the highest search results. Due to this fact, an SEO game, to make Google, Bing, and many other search engines show the “right” results on the top is always on for all the merchants. In this article, I would like to describe a short E-commerce SEO checklist that every online store owner should perform to improve SEO. No rocket science- just check and get it done:
3. Ensuring that GoogleBot is reaching your webpages: If Google is not able to fetch your online store it will not able to access your product pages, descriptions as well. So your store will not be able to rank in the search engines. To handle and avoid such situations, you will have to go to the webmaster tools and follow the below steps:
• Click on “the fetch as google” section.
• Fetch the needed URLs manually.
• Press submit to index button when you see the message that “the crawl is successful”.
• Your internal links or any third party links which relate to your online store can be added there as well.
• Also, you will have to check for the errors in your robots.txt file and make sure that you’ve hidden the required pages from the index.
• Launching a crawl test is essential to check on H1 and H2 tags, page titles, Meta descriptions, duplicate pages, 404 errors, etc. there are simple tools available to do so, one of the examples is screaming frog.
4. Keep a check on any content duplicity, to make sure that the content of your online store is unique and as per customer relevance.
5. Set up alerts for new notifications, as it is helpful in keeping a check on any fresh update. Also, make sure that all the links that point to your store are working without errors. Fix any issues as soon as possible. If there are mentions without links, request site owners to place them.
6. Mobile hits have already proven to be highest, so it is an important aspect that your online store is mobile-friendly. This is and will further be a major SEO for E-commerce website in 2018.
7. Using keywords that compliments your products and services is most important; as it drives your sales like never before and helps you compete with the bigger names of your industry.
8. Always stay updated with the statistics of organic traffic as per Google analytics. As if fast drop visits are happening to your online store, then it could be a result of a penalty or maybe of Google update. Webmaster tools can be used to check for the reasons for any penalty.
9. We cannot forget about SERP optimization, you will have to make your search results stand out from another Google top 10 links. See that meta titles and descriptions are added to all indexed pages.
I really hope this article will keep you fully equipped with all the information you need to have about how to seo optimize your e-commerce website and with the E-commerce SEO checklist list. So take your online store to another level of success. I wish you a Happy selling experience with each customer!
More E-Commerce Resources Here:
Share this Article
Content creators understand that SEO is the lifeline of every content created. Well, maybe not for all content created, but for content that is designed for public consumption. Most often than not, it is your only chance at attracting your targeted consumers, audience, and viewers to your online platforms. It is however pertinent to understand […]
The world of digital marketing is continuously evolving, with marketers always finding new ways to engage customers and create experiences that have a lasting impression on audiences. From reliable and credible digital strategies to creative experiments, it is worthwhile to know what works well across industries and marketers. This fosters your chances of success as […]
If you keep up with digital marketing or even just regularly look online for services or any other information, you’ve probably heard about Google algorithms. But have you ever wondered what they’re exactly and how they affect websites and eCommerce stores’ ranking? What are Google Algorithms? Google’s algorithms are a complex system that searches out […]