How to Optimize the Homepage of your Online Store
December 13, 2019 by Satish Singh
How to Optimize the Homepage of your Online Store
by Satish Singh
A great SEO-friendly homepage is vital for any website. Since it is one of the most important landing pages of an online shop, it must.be both user-friendly and search-friendly. When prospects visit your store’s homepage, they should be able to see at a glance:
- Who you are.
- What products/services you’re selling.
- Why they should buy from you.
- How to find products they’re interested in.
To achieve the top ranking objectives you need to follow the homepage SEO process that is divided into two parts.
- User Optimization.
- On-Page SEO
Let’s start with user-optimization. The first thing you should add in your list is ‘’fold content optimization’’. Make sure this content is visible for users without having to scroll down the page. In simple words, when the homepage is fully loaded, what does the user sees before touching the vertical scroll bars? Essential elements for the ‘’above the fold content’’ are:
- Website Logo
- Contact Information
- Menu Options
- Bold Headings
- Call to Action buttons
- Link to Account Login or Shopping Cart
The best way to get ideal homepage optimization is to look at some of the most successful eCommerce stores on the Internet such as Amazon, Zapoos.com, Myntra etc.
You should also have a responsive website design to provide a more customized experience to users on mobile phones.
In this second step, optimize your website homepage for search engines. Examine the following factors below just like SEO Marketing Companies USA–
- SSL secured website- Having a secure certificate installed on your server and properly configured is a must for all eCommerce store websites. Having an https website is good for SEO.
- Home page Title- Meta title (60 characters) is important because it gives a big hint to search engines on what your website is all about and it is shown in rich snippets.
- Home page meta description- A good description has a positive effect on the click-through rate. Write description under 160 characters with magnets words, location and summary of what you’re offering.
- H1 tag- H1 gives another hint to SERPs on what the page content is about. Best SEO Consultants in America recommends using your main keyword as an H1 tag.
- Content and keywords usage- Instead of just having image content, convert your banners or call to action links into HTML so that search engine spiders can understand the content. Make sure the content is unique and included with your targeted keywords.
- Images SEO- To ensure potential buyers to purchase your products, enhance the appearance of your online shop and make it highly appealing. Use high definition images, add alt text and caption keywords naturally in the text but without stuffing keywords to complete your Image optimization.
- Structured data- To make search engines understand the context of your page, use a pre-defined set of schemas. If you have an eCommerce store, use structured data to give Google more details about your website and brand. You can generate schema code via Google structured data helper under the relevant category of your business.
- Footer and what content to include- Last but not least, don’t forget your website’s footer. The footer is, of course, part of the homepage and all other pages. Things to add to your footer according to SEO service company
i. Links of the main section (main categories and pages) of your website.
ii. Trust logos- Paypal verified, MacAfee, verified, BBB Verified etc.
iii. Contact details- Include your phone number and address and links to your contact us page.
iv. Your Logo
vi. Social media pages buttons
vii. A way for users to register for an email newsletter.
As a final word, having an optimized homepage is crucial for the success of your online store or website. Keep things simple for your prospects and search engines.
Share this Article
Content creators understand that SEO is the lifeline of every content created. Well, maybe not for all content created, but for content that is designed for public consumption. Most often than not, it is your only chance at attracting your targeted consumers, audience, and viewers to your online platforms. It is however pertinent to understand […]
The world of digital marketing is continuously evolving, with marketers always finding new ways to engage customers and create experiences that have a lasting impression on audiences. From reliable and credible digital strategies to creative experiments, it is worthwhile to know what works well across industries and marketers. This fosters your chances of success as […]
If you keep up with digital marketing or even just regularly look online for services or any other information, you’ve probably heard about Google algorithms. But have you ever wondered what they’re exactly and how they affect websites and eCommerce stores’ ranking? What are Google Algorithms? Google’s algorithms are a complex system that searches out […]